Friday, March 9, 2012

Going on RCCL IN MAY ANY TIPS FOR KIDS?

I am going on a cruise in may with 4 kids.Age 8 to 16.Ports of call are coco kay , Nassau, and key west.Can you just do your own thing as some trips seem expensive or do you recommend guided tours at ports.Going on RCCL IN MAY ANY TIPS FOR KIDS?
Coco cay is their private island. It is a good day to plan on enjoying the beach. They will have a bar-b-que on the beach as well as volleyball and a few other free activities. There is also some shopping available so you might want to take a few dollars with you. Nassau isn't much to see or do, especially for the kids. Key West is your best destination for things to do. The trips offered by the ship are very expensive. When you get off the ship, there will be a lot of tour guides offering various tours for much less than the ship. They are usually better and it is always so much nicer to go with a small group. With the ship tours, the groups are usually very large.
One excursion I recommend is in Key West, and it's not terribly expensive. It is a tour of the island on an open-air trolley, and takes you to the one beach, to the southern-most part of the continental US, to Hemingway's house, and through the historic homes areas. There is a guide with very good narration you can hear well, and there are NO bad seats. You don't stop, but get a very good overview, and get back to the wharf in time for plenty of shopping and poking around. I did that on my first visit to Key West, and thought it was a great introduction. (When you're there, take a look for water bowls set out for dogs in the entryways of almost all bars and restaurants -- they are very dog-friendly there!)Going on RCCL IN MAY ANY TIPS FOR KIDS?
yes, defiantely get a tour they are so much fun to see the beauty of the island. If you don't get a tour booked there will be nothing to do. This happened to me where we did not book a tour and we wished we would have!
Personally I would do my own thing. I've been on some of the tours they offer and I learned they take up most of your day. One excursion I did, the bus I was on was in a traffic jam for 2 hours. And we were suppose to have 3 hours of shopping time but by the time we got there we had 15 minutes. Also I don't like hearing lectures all the time. So now what I do is I do research about the places where I am going and find cheap transportation to get there. I learned too that doing this is cheaper. Sometimes the tours they offer are too expensive and you can get ti cheaper by just booking it yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment