Friday, March 9, 2012

Is it possible to go from Kyoto to Iga to Tokyo in one day?

Hear me out.

I'd be waking up in a Kyoto hotel, check-out early and take the train to Iga JUST for the Ninja Museum. Before it gets late, I'd take the train from Iga to Maihama (to a hotel near Disneyland).



The reason I'm rushing to get to the hotel near Disneyland by night is so that I can get to Disneyland before it opens the next day.



So here's another problem, because I checked out from Kyoto to Iga I need a place to store my luggages. I'll be in japan for 2 weeks so there's a lot of baggage. Is there a place where I can store my luggage for a few hours in Iga until I leave for Maihama?



If this is possible, can someone give me a route? Which train I should take? To where? Japanese railways are confusing to me. =\



Sorry if these are stupid questions. This is the first time I'm planning a vacation.Is it possible to go from Kyoto to Iga to Tokyo in one day?
You have enough time to make that trip.



from Kyoto station



1, Take Nara line to Kizu station (50 min)

2, Take Kansai Honsen line to Kamo station (10 min)

3, Change train to another Kansai Honsen line train to Iga Ueno station (40 min).



So this is Iga. I think you can get to Iga easily by noon. Then, after you enjoyed Iga until 5-6 pm, from Iga Ueno station, you go to Nagoya rather than going back to Kyoto because this is better,



4, Take Kansai Honsen line to Kameyama station (50 min)

5, Change train to another Kansai Honsen line train to Nagoya station(70 min)

6, Take Shinkansen to Tokyo station (100 min)

7, Take Keiyo line to Maihama station (20 min)



Note that there are not many trains around Iga (1 per hour).So you have to think about waiting time. But you can definitely get to Iga by noon if you leave your hotel around 7-8 am.





On luggage, it's better to use takkyubin as another said.
The day BEFORE you leave Kyoto forward your luggage to your hotel in Disney/maihama. Baggage delivery service called "Takkyubin" in Japanese is very reliable and not too expensive. Your baggage will be delivered the next day. It's not too expensive and many people in Japan use this option. Ask your hotel for TAKKYUBIN.Is it possible to go from Kyoto to Iga to Tokyo in one day?
It's may be possible. And also most of the train stations have some rental lockers. You can store most of your staff there.

No comments:

Post a Comment