Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Cool places to eat in Savannah, Georgia?

My husband and I are going to spend the weekend at my parent's vacation home in Jekyll Island, Ga. We are thinking of driving up to Savannah to spend the day. I want so badly to get into Paula Deen's restaurant, however, I think the chances for that are quite unlikely since I am not waking up at 6am, to get there in time to make reservations. :)

Where are some other unique or good places to eat?Cool places to eat in Savannah, Georgia?
Paula Deens place is very over rated. Its really not that good and very expensive. My favorite restaurant is Mrs. Wilkes. Its open from 11:00 to 2:00 weekdays. You cant make reservations for it and people wait outside in a line everyday to eat there. Its southern cooking type food and DELICIOUS! You eat at a family style table and there is over 30 dishes on the table to chose from. Its a MUST go to restaurant for anyone visiting Savannah. http://www.mrswilkes.com/Cool places to eat in Savannah, Georgia?
I would definitely try to get in to Paula Deen's. We just walked in. It was around lunch time on a Sunday too. It is worth every penny! Also, I really liked Tubby's. Stay away from Bull Street Chop House. It was way expensive and wasn't very impressive. Good luck and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment