Friday, February 24, 2012

Do Saint Simons and Jekyll Island have big waves at the beach?

I grew up around this area and visit a few times a year now. Waves at St. Simon are less than a foot tall. Waves at Jekyll might be around 2 to 3 feet tall. Last time I visiting the jelly fish were just too much and that normal for this area. The water in this area is not clear, its murky.. Its not pollutted, just murky. I'd say you couldn't see your toes in 1 foot of water. Nice sandy beaches though.Do Saint Simons and Jekyll Island have big waves at the beach?
No. However, the beaches are beautiful with white sands and lots of oaks, palms, and palmettos.
I've been to Jekyll and didnt think the waves were anything above ordinary. Same with the beaches. It was the most boring place I've ever been unfortunate enough to have to spend time in. I was there in the fall, and supposedly that was the slow time of year ("Slow" being the understatement of the century). Anyway, I wont be going back to see if this is true.Do Saint Simons and Jekyll Island have big waves at the beach?
Define big. For surfing? Not really... It is the East coast, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment