Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Weird marine animal on beach in jekyll island, GA.

Recently I took a trip to Jekyll island, GA. As I was walking my dog on the beach I kept spotting these brown ballshaped objects. I thought it was garbage or something until I saw more and more of them. I picked one up and it felt really soft and squishy like. It was also covered in shells. does anyone know what this is called?Weird marine animal on beach in jekyll island, GA.
It could be a small sea cucumber, or if not it's definitely a sea squirt, fits all your characteristics. It's also called a Tunicate / Urochordata Their kind of like a sponge but not, they function similarly.







@hb babe





Those are called barnacles and they wouldn't really be able to attach themselves to a jelly fish.
a jellyfish....?

the shells were prob just from the sand or one of those wittle tiny animals that stick onto marine animals.. i tottally forgot what u call it :( hehehe sorry :DWeird marine animal on beach in jekyll island, GA.
Do you have pictures? Maybe that can clear some things up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment